Spider plants for positive energy ( Chlorophytum comosum ), that you can grow easily indoors or outdoors. Surely it is one of the best plants, to grow either directly in the garden or in pots. Likewise the perennial plant that needs only minimum caring, is ideal for tropical climates.
Vastu sastra as well as Feng shui, recommend keeping the spider plants in homes or offices, to bring positive energy.
Owing to its long slender leaves, the plant is popularly known as the ribbon plant. Air plane plant, is another name because the plant can do well in hanging baskets.
In addition to the beautiful white flowers, the spider plants produce lots of plantlets or baby plants. Usually the baby plants start growing from the tip of the long wiry flower stalks.
Due to its spider like appearance, these baby plants are also known as spiderettes.
There are different varieties of the plant, with green or variegated white and green striped leaves.
Benefits of growing spider plants
- Definitely these plants can detoxify the indoor air, by absorbing a lot of poisonous gases. Especially that are produced in our kitchens through the burning of fuels, chemicals from cosmetics, cleaning liquids etc.
- Moreover, it is one of the most important air purifying plants, according to NASA’S clean air studies.
- Being non poisonous and pet friendly, we can keep these plants anywhere in our homes. Also it is harmless, if ingested by infants or kids.
- The general conditions of patients, were found improved in the presence of these positive energy plants. Preferably, those who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, insomnia, depression etc.
- Along with a few succulents, bonsai trees etc. these beautiful plants with lush greenery can make our homes really attractive.
- Even gardening beginners can try these low maintenance plants. Because it can thrive in minimum growing conditions.
Surely you can follow the simple tips stated below, for growing these beautiful garden plants.
How to propagate spider plants for positive energy
Through baby plants commonly known as plantlets, we can propagate the spider plants. It is the easiest and fastest way for propagating the spider plants.
It is also fine to use mature seeds collected from flowers, that are pollinated properly. But it takes much longer for the plants to reach the required growth.
Hundreds of baby plants sprout from the tips of long stalks that grow downwards. Naturally, the baby plants begin to develop into new plants, when it comes directly in contact with soil.
However we can collect the plantlets using a sharp knife or scissors.
Rooting the baby plants
For rooting the baby plants, first we can prepare a medium by mixing equal quantities of river sand and coco peat. After that, plant them in pots or polythene bags filled with the above mixture. Keep it in shade for a few days, and water moderately on a regular basis.
Within a period of four to six weeks, your spider plants will become mature enough to be transplanted.
Saplings of the spider plants are available with most of the sellers, and hence we can also buy them directly.
Replanting your spider plants for positive energy
Meanwhile, prepare a medium by mixing ingredients in the following ratio. Then fill the mixture up to 3/4 of ceramic or terracotta pots. Before filling the pot, cover the drainage hole with a piece of wire mesh, to avoid blockage.
The plant has the tendency to rot faster in a medium without proper drainage.
River sand 20%
Coco peat 20%
Crushed bricks 20%
Neem seed powder 10%
Garden soil 10%
Bone meal 10%
Vermi compost 10%
Carefully transfer your spider plants to the new medium. Keep the pot in shade for a few days and water moderately. Gradually move the pot to bright but indirect sunlight, either indoors or outdoors.
Keeping the plants in direct sunlight, may cause scorching of the leaves.
It is essential to feed the plants with some organic manure, at intervals of about four weeks. Certainly this can help to maintain the health and beauty of your plants.
Spider plants for Vertical gardens and landscaping
Definitely we can use the Spider plants, for making vertical gardens and landscaping. For this, always remember to choose locations with partial or indirect sunlight.
The main problems that affect the plants, are browning of the tips and yellowing of leaves.
The primary reasons for this, are over watering or shortage of moisture in the soil. Surely we can fix these by caring the plants properly.
With the above simple tips, try to grow your own Spider plants for positive energy.